Friday, October 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, David!!! ~September 20, 2013~

As I look back over this past year with our son, I am overwhelmed with gratitude at the gift God has given us and the blessing it has been to be David's parents!  So many memories flood through my mind: the exhausting sleepless nights at first, the diaper blow-outs :), the first smiles, the first giggles, rolling over, starting solids, cutting teeth, sitting up, scooting, talking, crawling...each little milestone has been so special and I look forward to all the new ones David will reach this coming year!  

He is now cutting 3 molars (with a 4th one following pretty close behind), he's cruising all over the place (walking while holding on to something) and even lets go sometimes and stands by himself!  He is a little communicator already, jibber jabbering away (complete with hand motions and facial expressions - as if he's fully communicating and we are crazy for not understanding him!).  He LOVES to give Mommy and Daddy kisses, even when they're not asked for ;)  He enjoys just as much reading alone as he does reading with Mommy or Daddy!  He'll crawl off and be real quiet for a while, which of course, will make me really nervous!  I go run to find him and most of the time, he's in a corner with a bunch of books, sitting there flipping through the pages and looking at the pictures!  It melts my heart!  We are enjoying each day and each week and each month with David, each stage he enters and the new things he learns.  As was expected, the time is flying by way too fast...but I guess that's just how life goes.  All we can do is savor and enjoy each moment - and take lots of pictures and videos! :)  If you'd like to see a slideshow of photos from David's first year of life that Caleb put together for his birthday party in Iowa, click here. 

Enjoy these photos from David's birthday "eve" as well as his birthday on September 20!  

I was SO sentimental the night before David's birthday!  
I had to get one last picture with my 11-month old!

"Good night, 11-month-old!"

"Good morning, 1-year-old!"

Yummy special birthday breakfast: pancakes with syrup!

Ready to head off on a birthday adventure!

We took David to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA!

He LOVED the fish!!!

Me and my big boy...where has the time gone?!?

David and Daddy!  He's a daddy's boy for sure! :)

Learning about scuba diving

In front of the HUGE fish tank!

We had so much fun there!  PERFECT birthday activity :)

The following are David's 12-month photos that we took outside of the Aquarium!





 "Hey, look guys!  My hand fits in here!"

David's 12-month photo with stats

We stopped at a cupcake shop on the way home

So many choices!

Lemon with Cream Cheese frosting for Caleb
Vanilla with Nutella frosting for me
Vanilla with Chocolate frosting and sprinkles for David :)

That night, after dinner, we got the cupcake and camera ready and looked at the clock...
it was 8:17pm where we were in CA (10:17pm in Iowa, 
a year exactly from the moment David entered the world!).  That was cool!

"I've had enough mom! Get this glop off my hand!"

No comments:

Post a Comment