Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Home...and the New Addition :)

We got home after many months of travel on July 31!  We quickly got things ready for the new baby (due in less than a month) and enjoyed the last couple weeks with David before baby brother made his appearance (2 weeks early!).  Enjoy these photos of our lives this past month...
We love good ol' Iowa sweet corn!

David went a couple days just LOVING his hat from the Indianapolis Zoo!  He even wore it to bed :)

Our last Sunday as a family of 3!  Of course, we didn't know it at that time :)

Out for a date with my man!

Picnic at our town square with Grandma!

And a stop at the Library

Early Thursday morning, August 14, we headed to the hospital and wondered if this was really the day our second son would be born!  I was two weeks early (but David was also two weeks early)...and I had been feeling "funny" for a couple days.  

This is it, folks!  D-day!!!  Time to have a baby!!!  Caleb was my rock...kept me company as we walked the halls for hours.  Kept me sane as I went through labor.  He was right by my side the whole time.  

Looking into the face of a miracle - nothing proves the miraculous power of God like the birth of a baby!

Welcome to the world, Jonathan Lee Garraway!  7lbs 9oz, 20 inches long.

Nothing quite as precious as a fresh newborn face!




After 24 hours, we were allowed to go home from the hospital!  David was thrilled to meet his little brother!  Here is a snapshot of the video I took as David met Jonathan for the first time.  Here he is giving Jonathan a kiss :)

PopPop and Grandma were thrilled to meet their newest grandson!

Jonathan's first smile in his sleep to be caught on camera!  2 days old

Off to church - this Sunday as a family of four!! :)

Watching brother play in the jungle gym!

Blissful sleep...

While my parents were in town, we went to the Iowa Children's Museum!

What a fun place!!  David LOVED it!

Reading "Adam Raccoon" or Coom as David calls it!  This is David's favorite book right now.

Pointing out Jonathan's facial features for the camera...

A little grin from the big one-week old!!!

Just can't get enough...can you blame me?!?

Kisses from big brother!

I'm in love with my boys :)  We are so blessed.



2 comments: