Wednesday, April 10, 2013

David Is 6 Months Old!!!

I know, I know, I'm so behind in posting this that in just a little over a week, David will be SEVEN months old!!  But, better late than never, right? :)

I feel like the last couple months have been big ones for David...his looks have been changing (he's getting chubbier and yes...MORE HAIR!!), he's gone from nursing exclusively to eating baby cereal (and since his 6 month birthday, we have added some veggies to his diet, which he LOVES!), and he can sit much better now and is so interactive with his toys.  He loves to feel textures still (even with his feet!) and he tries to get the doggies all over his pajamas!  It's hilarious to watch him studying them in deep concentration as he tries to grab them over and over again!  He also is extremely perceptive and attentive, for example when a person is talking, he will just study their face and watch them talk without blinking an eye!  The other night, I was sitting in bed with him on my lap, reading Bible stories to him before bed.  After many minutes of looking at the pictures (and feeling the smooth pages, of course!), it was like all of the sudden, he realized I was behind him, talking!  So he turned all the way around and looked up at me and just watched (with an enraptured face) as I continued reading!  He did that two different times that night!

We're working on saying "dada" and "mama"...sometimes, I feel like he's SO close!  But instead of saying a real word, he just resorts to his usual bubble blowing sounds!  We're also working on scooting, but he's not interested in it yet.  When we lay him on his belly on the ground with a toy in front of him, slightly out of his reach, he'll grunt and reach for it a little at first, but then when he realizes he can't get to it, he surrenders and just face plants and starts trying to eat the carpet :-/

Well, enough about him...here are the pictures I took the day after he turned 6 months old!
(they were taken on his 26 week birthday!)



















1 comment:

  1. David is sure handsome. It looks like a "clean" spot on the basketball! Can't wait to see you. Marinda

    ReplyDelete