Wednesday, August 7, 2013

David - 10 months old!


Our little David Matthew is VERY quickly leaving babyhood behind and entering the world of a toddler!  He LOVES eating real food and he is great at feeding himself.  He has discovered mobility, and although he never quite got crawling perfected by his 10-month birthday, he made his first few crawling steps the week of (and has just taken off since then!).  What he did mostly this month was his version of scooting: a push-up (on hands and tippy toes) and then letting his body fall flat to the floor...this would actually move him backwards, and this was how he got around.  He quickly learned how to push himself up on his hands and rotate his body and then proceed with his up/down routine to again resume traveling backwards.  It was so funny to watch!  He babbles all the time (bababa and mamama and many other variations of similar sounds).  He is so good natured, but we are definitely starting to see the sin nature mixed in too!  He is getting more and more hair (YAY!), and although it sure looks it in pictures sometimes, it is NOT red!  It is blonde at the moment...not sure if it'll turn brown like Caleb's did, or if it'll get a reddish or strawberry blonde tint to it as he grows up...or if it'll stay blonde all his life?  We will have to wait and see!  David learned to give high fives while nursing!  I'd stick up my hand and say "Give me a high five!" and at first, of course, he had no clue what I was saying or expecting him to do!  I'd take his hand and slap it against mine, and then ask for a high five again.  After repeating it over and over (and cheering every time I'd slap his hand against mine) he got the idea and would gently place his open palm against mine when I'd ask for a high five after that!  He will sometimes do it to other people now too!  

The following pictures my brother Stephen took when we were all in NYC visiting my parents in July. They were taken the day before David turned 10 months old, on July 19th.  




These were taken later that day, at my Aunt's lake house in CT.


Looks like he's up to some mischief!
Probably my favorite picture EVER of David! 
Had to get one of all of us :)
 The next three were taken by Pastor Martinez 
(my home church's Spanish pastor in NYC - who is also a pro photographer!)

Little Cheeser!
"Hm, should I throw it or eat it?"



No comments:

Post a Comment